This July 11th Carousel Theatre for Young People is kicking off an essential campaign to have you, our loyal supporters, make your mark on the newly renovated Carousel space!
The Make Your Mark campaign is an effort to activate 100 donors to donate $100.00 in 100 days in order to support our current renovation and facilities updating project. The campaign will start on July 11th (today!) and end on October 18th, 2014.
Every person who donates $100 will receive a tile for you and your family to decorate. This tile will be permanently fixed to the wall in the Carousel Theatre for Young People lobby! We will even be hosting a tile decorating party on October 19th, 2014 in our newly renovated space where donors can also get a tour of our new facilities!
These renovations include:
- A new Theatre School classroom and rehearsal space.
- A safe, furnished waiting room for parents and students.
- Expansion of our costume workshop so that it is a fully functioning creative space for artists.
The impact of these renovations will be:
- Added Theatre School classes, including expanding our teen programming.
- Added classes comes better age spacing between theatre school classes so that children can grow with us!
- A safe space for youth and parents to wait for the start and end of theatre school classes.
- Soundproofing so that we can have multiple groups sharing our space at the same time.
- The costume workshop will provide artists in our community with much-needed space and equipment to create!
These renovations will have an overwhelmingly positive impact on our theatre school classes. Marcie Nestman, one of our long-time Theatre School Instructors, had this to say: “This is an exciting time for Carousel Theatre as it expands and renovates its space this summer. We will not only have an extra classroom to offer more theatre school classes, but the expansion will also allow room to offer classes with new, refined age groups and more classes targeting specific topics.
As an instructor, the expansion will allow me more freedom to be more focused in my classes, and to help fulfill my students’ needs. I am looking forward to participating in the growth of the theatre school at Carousel and to continue to develop new ideas for the future.”