Carousel Theatre Mentorship Program
Each season we select one emerging theatre company or collective in our community to support, providing the artists involved with free rehearsal space for their project, access to stock costumes, props and technical equipment and artistic advice and support. Preference is given to theatre groups whose focus is either theatre for young audiences or classical repertoire.
Carousel Theatre is proud to have mentored the following companies and collectives since 2001:
- Polliwog Theatre Factory for their original TYA creation Sharkey and Boots, 2002
- Section 8 Productions for their independent theatre production of Snowman, 2003
- Construction Ink Theatre Productions for their new play reading series The Stands, 2004
- Mad Duck Equity Co-Op for their inspiring production of Julius Caesar, 2005
- Mad Duck Equity Co-Op for their innovative production of Titus Andronicus, 2006
- Exit Left Productions’ Mud Island (Rehearsal/Production) 2007, fairGame Productions’ One Time Thing (Workshop) 2007, and Pound of Flesh Theatre’s The Faust Project (Workshop) 2007
- Monster Theatre for the development of their theatre for young audiences production, Miniature Masterpieces, 2008.
- Not Another Equity Coop 2009
- Boys Upstairs Co-op
- Delinquent Theatre 2012
For more information on the mentorship program, please contact Carole Higgins, Artistic and Managing Director at 604.669.3410, or email@example.com .