Seedlings- A Program for Emerging Theatre Companies
Each season CTYP’s Artistic Director, Carole Higgins, selects one emerging theatre company or collective in our community to support, providing the artists involved with 80 hours of free rehearsal space for their project, access to stock costumes and props and artistic advice and support. Theatre groups whose focus is either theatre for young audiences or classical repertoire are given priority
Carousel Theatre for Young People is proud to have provided support the following companies and collectives over the years
- Polliwog Theatre Factory for their original TYA creation Sharkey and Boots, 2002
- Section 8 Productions for their independent theatre production of Snowman, 2003
- Construction Ink Theatre Productions for their new play reading series The Stands, 2004
- Mad Duck Equity Co-Op for their inspiring production of Julius Caesar, 2005
- Mad Duck Equity Co-Op for their innovative production of Titus Andronicus, 2006
- Exit Left Productions’ Mud Island (Rehearsal/Production) 2007, fairGame Productions’ One Time Thing (Workshop) 2007, and Pound of Flesh Theatre’s The Faust Project (Workshop) 2007
- Monster Theatre for the development of their theatre for young audiences production, Miniature Masterpieces, 2008.
- Not Another Equity Coop 2009
- Boys Upstairs Co-op 2011
- Delinquent Theatre 2012
- Shift Theatre 2014
For more information on Seedlings, please contact Carole Higgins, Artistic Director at 604.669.3410, or by email.