Become a Volunteer
Volunteers are an integral part of our organization and play a vital role in helping us to meet our mandate of affordability and accessibility. We offer opportunities in all areas of our organization – from working in the office to serving on our Board of Directors, to assisting in production and , of course, welcoming patrons during the season. Being a volunteer is great for all ages 14+, and an excellent opportunity for high school students and young adults to gain working experience (letters of reference with total hours volunteered may be requested).
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Audience Services/Usher Volunteers
Throughout the year, this dedicated team of volunteers serve as Friends of Carousel Theatre by providing excellent hospitality and a friendly, welcoming face to our patrons.
- What you need to know to become part of our audience services team:
- You must at least 14 years old.
- You must be able to commit to a minimum of ten (10) shifts during each season (July – May)
- You must speak English fluently.
- You must be out-going and comfortable in dealing with the general public.
- You must be comfortable working with children (ages 3+).
- You must be able to navigate the theatre safely.
- You must attend the following:
- One-on-one interview with a Carousel Theatre staff member
- A pre-shift orientation
- You must also fill out the following form: Carousel Theatre Volunteer Application
Administrative volunteers support Carousel Theatre year-round by answering phones and performing light office duties. Reception volunteers should have previous office experience and familiarity with Windows Office programs. A commitment to a monthly four hour shift for a minimum of six months is required. We also have short term, project-based opportunities available.
If you would like more information about our volunteer program, please contact us at 604-669-3410 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org