Artsy Fartsy Market – Now Accepting Submissions!
artsy fartsy market
December 18 & 19, 2010
Carousel Theatre’s Studios 1411 Cartwright Street (Granville Island), Vancouver, BC
Carousel Theatre for Young People is hosting an Artisan Market on December 18 & 19, 2010. The event is a fundraiser for our youth programming and a showcase for local designers, artisans and vendors. All funds raised by table rentals, entrance donations and café sales will directly benefit Carousel Theatre’s Season of Literary Classics and our Inner City School Ticket Donation Program. All sales raised by each vendor will go in their own pocket!
Our goals are
- to showcase local designers, artisans and vendors;
- to encourage our patrons, friends and neighbours to support design and creativity in their own backyard;
- to demonstrate that art isn’t ‘artsy farsty’ – it’s accessible, fun and available to anyone and everyone!
We will be hosting the event in our building, located on beautiful and bustling Granville Island. This is an excellent opportunity to share your work in a popular Vancouver shopping location- right before the holidays! We will be taking over the entire bottom floor of studios with vendor tables and a café with tasty treats, coffee, hot chocolate and hot apple cider.
This event will feature 25-30 unique vendors. We are open to any and all to submit their request for space, but please keep in mind the following:
- We would like the event to be diverse and will only be selecting one or two vendors that have similar items.
- We would like the event to be accessible. Preference will be given to vendors that will sell items that retail for $15 or less, along with higher-priced items.
- We are only able to select vendors who will be selling family-friendly items (no graphic content). If you have any questions about this, please let us know.
The event will take place on Saturday, December 18 and Sunday, December 19 from 10am until 5pm.
- Set-up will start at 6pm on Friday (for those booked on Saturday/both days) and 6pm on Saturday for those booked on Sunday-only.
- Clean-up will happen at 5pm on Saturday (Saturday-only vendors) and Sunday at 5pm (Sunday-only or Weekend vendors)
One Day (Saturday OR Sunday): $75.00/table
Weekend (Saturday & Sunday) $100.00/table
Table rentals cannot be split between two vendors.
THE IMPORTANT STUFF
- Carousel Theatre will select each vendor based on medium used, price range of items and city of origin. Preference will be given to local (Lower Mainland/Vancouver Island) vendors.
- Submissions from vendors will be taken until 5pm, November 24, 2010. Table rental will be due December 1, 2010 (cash, cheque, Visa or MC).
- To submit your request for a vendor table, or if you have any questions, please email Jessie van Rijn, Carousel Theatre’s General Manager, at Jessie@carouseltheatre.ca