Audience Policies and Age Recommendations
All tickets are a final sale. If you need to exchange your tickets, allow at least 24 hours notice prior to your booked performance. All exchanges depend on availability and are subject to a $7.50 exchange fee for the entire party. Please contact us at 604-685-6217 or email@example.com.
At CTYP, we believe that young people should have the very best possible theatre experience. We develop and craft our plays for specific age groups – each story is a wonderful opportunity to inspire, challenge and learn.
The Teen Shakespeare Program production of Romeo and Juliet is recommended for All Ages. Please refer to the show page for specific advisories re: stage violence and the ending of the play
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is recommended for ages 5+
The Velveteen Rabbit is recommended for ages 3-8
The Gruffalo is recommended for ages 3-8
Spirit Horse is recommended for ages 8+
We Three is recommended for newborns to age 3
We develop age recommendations for each of our plays. A lot of care and thought is given in choosing these recommendations.
Some of our plays are recommended for older kids, but younger children welcome to attend.These shows may feature more challenging themes and dialogue and may not be suitable for younger children.
Children younger than three years require specifically designed productions that match their development, like the shows on our Bee Stage, or a special All Ages performance (indicated by a purple dot on the show calendar) where we modify lighting and sound levels to create a gentler environment.
Ultimately, we leave it to your discretion to decide which shows are a good fit for your child.
- All children one year or older require a ticket.
- Babes in arms do not require a ticket for our plays at the Waterfront Theatre.
- Everyone including babies requires a ticket for the Bee Stage (We Three).
- Young people twelve years and younger must be accompanied by a companion who is thirteen years or older.
We encourage you to bring your children to live theatre experiences developed specifically for their age range, so that they can benefit most from their experience. If you have any questions about our age recommendations, please give us a call, we’d love to hear from you!
- For the safety of the performers, photos and recordings are not permitted. Production photos are available on our webpage and facebook page
- Please turn off cell phones prior to the performance
- Latecomers will be seated at predetermined intervals.
- If your young guest needs a break, please exit to the lobby and the Front of House Manager will re-seat you when you are ready
For more information please contact our box office at (604) 685-6217.