Carousel Theatre Honoured with 16 Jessie Nominations- Wowza!
We had some pretty great news on Monday. At the 28th Annual Jessie Richardson Theatre Awards Nominations Party it was announced Carousel Theatre’s productions were nominated for a total of 16 awards in the Theatre for Young Audiences category.
Vancouver, BC The nominees for the 28th Annual Jessie Richardson Theatre Awards celebrating achievement and performance in Vancouver’s Theatre community were announced, and Carousel Theatre is ecstatic to receive a total of sixteen nominations in the Theatre for Young Audiences category, including three nominations for Outstanding Production for Love You Forever…and More Munsch, The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood, and A Year With Frog and Toad.
Other nominations for Carousel Theatre include:
Outstanding Performance, Theatre for Young Audiences
- Ryan Beil (The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood)
- Darren Burkett, Janet Gigliotti, Kaylee Harwood, Todd Talbot, Allan Zinyk (A Year with Frog and Toad)
- Mack Gordon (The Big League)
- Josue Laboucane (Love You Forever…and More Munsch)
Outstanding Design, Theatre for Young Audiences
- Noah Drew (Sound Design, The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood)
- Al Frisk (Set Design, The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood)
- Yulia Shtern (Costume Design, A Year With Frog and Toad)
- Heidi Wilkinson (Body of Work, Love You Forever…and More Munsch – Set, Puppet, and Props Design; The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood – Props Design; A Year with Frog & Toad – Set and Props Design)
Outstanding Artistic Creation, Theatre for Young Audiences
- Carole Higgins (Direction, A Year with Frog and Toad)
- Carole Higgins (Direction, Love You Forever…and More Munsch),
- Joshua Reynolds (Fight Choreography, The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood)
- Gordon Roberts (Musical Direction, A Year with Frog and Toad)
- Melissa Young (Choreography, A Year with Frog and Toad)
The Jessie Richardson Theatre Awards were created in 1982 to celebrate and promote the outstanding achievements of the Vancouver Professional Theatre community. The awards will be presented on Monday, June 21, 2010 at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver. The Awards and Awards Show are coordinated and presented by The Jessie Richardson Theatre Award Society, a non-profit, charitable organization.
Carousel Theatre congratulates all of its artistic, design and performance personnel on this tremendous accomplishment, capping off a wonderful 2009/2010 season!
For more information on Carousel Theatre, or to check out our 2010/2011 Season, please visit our website at www.carouseltheatre.ca.
UPDATED June 30, 2010:
“Carousel Theatre’s recent presentation of A Year With Frog & Toad hopped on stage at the Commodore Ballroom to receive all four Jessies in the category of theatre for young audiences: Best Production, Best Design (Heidi Wilkinson, for this and two other Carousel productions), Best Artistic Creation (to Gordon Roberts for his musical direction) and Best Performance – by everyone, including Todd Talbot, Allan Zinyk, Darren Burkett, Janet Gigliotti and Kaylee Harwood.”
Peter Birnie, Vancouver Sun
Carousel Theatre’s production of A Year with Frog and Toad was honoured with four Jessie Awards on Monday, June 21, 2010. It was an exciting night for all of us!
Congratulations to the recipients and the nominees, and thank you to our amazing audiences (both the young, and the young-at-heart)!
Want more info? Click below!
For the full list of our 2009/2010 Jessie nominations, please click here.