Come Play With Us!
As we count down to opening night for The Taming of the Shrew, we are starting to set up for our village. Yes, we build a village! Audience members flock to the Performance Works Outdoor Stage for the show, but also enjoy our cafe with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, goodies, a silent auction and more – and we need help to make it all happen. We are seeking volunteers to help us during our run from July 30 to August 14, and we want you to come play with us! Not convinced? Here are the top 5 reasons to volunteer for The Taming of the Shrew at Carousel:
- It’s outdoors! The Performance Works Outdoor Stage is on beautiful Granville Island and is surrounded by water and park space – how often does theatre involve sunscreen, bug spray and grass stains?
- It’s free! Volunteering for our Teen Shakespeare Program helps keep our performances free to the public. If you believe in keeping theatre for you audiences accessible to everyone, you’ll agree that that is a very, very good thing.
- It’ll boost your grades! Well… sort of. Carousel Theatre is a registered charity, meaning if you’re a high school student looking to complete volunteer hours for your graduation program, we can help with that!
- Make new friends! Many of our volunteers become life-long friends of Carousel Theatre. We love our volunteers, and we hope you will join us for our whole season, which means seeing shows for free, meeting the actors and production teams, and learning about all the work that goes into putting on a play.
- It’s fun! On top of all the reasons listed above, we have a blast every day at Carousel, and we’re always looking for new friends to come and join us. The Teen Shakespeare Program is a highlight of our year, and our volunteers come back year after year to be part of the action!
We hope you will come be part of our team this summer – if you’re interested, visit our Volunteer Page on our website, then send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org! Don’t miss out on the fun. Wahoo!