Join the team at Carousel!
If you’ve been following along with our process and like what you see, why not come down and meet us in person!
We are seeking volunteers to help us during our run from July 29 to August 13, and we want you to come play with us! Audience members flock to the Performance Works Outdoor Stage for the show, but also enjoy our cafe with coffee, tea, hot chocolate, goodies, a silent auction and more – and we need help to make it all happen.
Not convinced? Here are the top 5 reasons to volunteer for Julius Caesar at Carousel:
* It’s outdoors! The Performance Works Outdoor Stage is on beautiful Granville Island and is surrounded by water and park space – how often does theatre involve sunscreen, bug spray and grass stains?
* It’s free! Volunteering for our Teen Shakespeare Program helps keep our performances free to the public. If you believe in keeping theatre for you audiences accessible to everyone, you’ll agree that that is a very, very good thing.
* It’ll boost your grades! Well… sort of. Carousel Theatre is a registered charity, meaning if you’re a high school student looking to complete volunteer hours for your graduation program, we can help with that!
* Make new friends! Many of our volunteers become life-long friends of Carousel Theatre. We love our volunteers, and we hope you will join us for our whole season, which means seeing shows for free, meeting the actors and production teams, and learning about all the work that goes into putting on a play.
* It’s fun! On top of all the reasons listed above, we have a blast every day at Carousel, and we’re always looking for new friends to come and join us. The Teen Shakespeare Program is a highlight of our year, and our volunteers come back year after year to be part of the action!
So What Do I Have To Do?
We need people to hand out programs, usher our audience (we get BIG crowds!), sell raffle tickets, help with set up/take down, and sell items at the café. There are even opportunities to work on the production side, if you’re interested.
Your commitment: A minimum of 3 shifts is requested, though we’d love to have you join us for more! Evening shifts (Monday to Saturday) are from approximately 6:00 PM – 9:30 PM. Matinee shifts (Saturdays and Aug 1) are from approximately 12:30 PM – 4:00 PM. Front of House Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older, Production Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
We need folks to help out at every show – take a look at our schedule, then head over to the Volunteer section on our website to fill out an application.
If you’ve volunteered with us in previous years, there’s no need to fill out a form. Just call 604.669.3410 or email email@example.com and send me your availability!