Carousel Theatre is elated to become official charity partners with The Tour de Biennale, the Vancouver Biennale’s charity bike ride – Hurray!
The Vancouver Tour de Biennale is the only charity bike ride that combines the incredible beauty of Vancouver with recreational cycling and arts & culture. The Tour de Biennale is all about connecting Vancouver’s outdoor lifestyle with its thriving arts and culture scene. The ride provides an amazing opportunity to see the city and the public art
Art, fresh air, sunshine, and a bike! Is there anything that sounds better?!
What is the Vancouver Biennale?
The Vancouver Biennale is a biennial public art exhibition that brings celebrated and emerging international artists to Vancouver area public parks, beaches and urban plazas, transforming the city into an open-air museum.
A-maze-ing Laughter by Yue Minjun, China
What’s the ride like?
Join pros and cycling enthusiasts on a 110km self-paced urban ride or a 125km challenge ride that will take you from Vancouver to Steveston, through parkland, seashore and glass towers, before a triumphant finish at the highest elevation in the city at the top of Queen Elizabeth Park. There’s also a non-competitive tour “medio” ½ route for those who’d like to ride at a more leisurely pace. The ride takes place on Sunday, August 19, 2012.
Need more perks?!
• Funds raised go to supporting community charities, including arts organizations – like Carousel!
• It’s the only ride that brings the arts together with Vancouver’s outdoor lifestyle – you get to cycle and see some amazing sights.
• There are special group registration rates (register a team of six riders and only pay for five).
• Charitable tax receipts for your registration fee will be issued post-event.
• You get a FREE, limited-edition cycling jersey if you register before July 9 ($75 value).
• And for all of you cycling enthusiasts, it’s the last great training ride before the Whistler GranFondo.
How is Carousel involved?
Carousel Theatre is an official charity partner of the Tour and we’re helping to sign up riders for this amazing event. It’s easy to register – simply click here!
Remember: use “CAROUSEL” when you are prompted for a promo code! By registering with our unique promo code, you ensure that Carousel Theatre will receive 50% of the charitable proceeds of that registration. Huzzah!
Sign up and get biking!
For more information on the Vancouver Biennale and the Tour de Biennale, please visit www.vancouverbiennale.com.
We, 2008 by Jaume Plensa, Spain