Marketing & Outreach Coordinator – Teen Shakespeare Program 2013/14
Carousel Theatre for Young People inspires young people, families and artists with playful, accessible theatrical experiences which strive for artistic excellence. We support and educate emerging artists and audiences while enriching their hearts and minds. Each season approximately 40 000 young people and their families benefit from CTYP’s diverse programming and activities, which include a Mainstage season of Literary Classics, a summer Teen Shakespeare Program, and a year-round Theatre School for young people aged 3 to 17 years. Located in the cultural hub of Granville Island, Carousel Theatre is the largest mainstage TYA company in British Columbia.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Marketing & Outreach Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing a marketing and outreach plan for the Summer Teen Shakespeare Program, focusing on engaging new audience members in the teenage demographic. This year’s production is Hamlet.
The position is full-time (35 hours/week) from June 17, 2013 – August 11, 2013. Evenings and weekends will be required. The position is contingent upon funding.
• Devise a marketing strategy for engaging new audiences in the teenage demographic incorporating a variety of media including, but not limited to, social media and print
• Develop branding for the program
• Plan and execute a podcast series
• Maintain social media presence throughout the summer
• Plan and execute an interactive media component on-site during the run
• Create marketing collateral, including posters, banners, rack cards, other signage
• Oversee distribution of collateral
• Create a press kit, including photographs, a press release and story pitches to local media
• Assist with recruitment and management of volunteers
• Assist with Front of House duties
• Create and execute an audience survey
• Compile marketing statistics
• Prepare a final report
• Other duties as required
• Experience in marketing, communications/publicity, multi-media or related field
• Excellent communication skills, strong writing skills
• Proficiency in various social media platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Office
• Excellent organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking abilities
• Ability to take initiative, thrive in a busy team environment and work flexible hours
• Interest in working in the arts sector
• Knowledge of the non-profit sector an asset
This position is contingent on funding from the Canada Summer Jobs program which requires candidates to:
• Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada
• Be between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment
• Be a full-time student who is returning to full-time studies in the fall
• Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
• Not have another full-time job
• Not be attending full-time classes while carrying out this job
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 15, 2013 at 5:00pm.
TBD. Contingent on funding from the Canada Summer Jobs program.