Operations Manager Job Posting
Carousel Theatre for Young People (CTYP) is an award-winning Theatre for Young Audiences company in Vancouver, B.C. Each season more than 40 000 young people and their families benefit from Carousel Theatre’s distinctive programming. CTYP produces a Mainstage Season of Literary Classics, a Teen Shakespeare Program, and a year-round theatre school. We are welcoming applications for the position of a full-time permanent Operations Manager, beginning mid-August 2013. Regular hours of work are Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm but candidate must have flexible availability, including evening and weekends to accommodate facility needs.
The Operations Manager (OM) is responsible for the management of CTYP’s facilities, including our community rentals program, IT systems, and overseeing building maintenance. The OM is essential to the smooth functioning of our operations and is equally comfortable behind a desk as with rolling up their sleeves and putting in a little elbow grease. A superb communicator, the OM thrives in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, busy environment while ensuring attention to detail, excellent customer service and effective problem-solving. Working closely with the General Manager, the OM is proactive, resourceful, organized and maintains a high level of day to day operations while ensuring alignment to the overall mission and values of CTYP.
Accountabilities of the Operations Manager include, but are not limited to:
FACILITY MANAGEMENT & OPERATIONS
• Manage facility rentals program, act as primary contact for all users, promote rental program and meet usage targets
• Maintain master calendar for internal and external usage of facilities
• Manage facilities budget
• Ensure building and user safety and security
• Identify facility needs and opportunities for capital improvements, recommend policy improvements, participate in long-term planning; seek funding sources for capital improvements and provide reports, statistics and budgets in support of funding applications; assist GM in overseeing capital improvement projects
• Conduct regular facility inspections to ensure safety and cleanliness and determine maintenance/supply needs
• Responsible for minor repairs, general housekeeping
• Support Theatre Manager software use by troubleshooting, overseeing upgrades
• Problem-solve technical issues with internet, server, phone systems, install/upgrade systems as needed
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Customer-service oriented with strong communication, organizational and follow-through skills
• Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving ability, goal-driven, ability to work under tight deadlines
• Excellent judgment and ability to prioritize tasks while paying attention to detail
• Experience in programming and working with Theatre Manager software, maintaining servers, upgrading software and troubleshooting IT issues
• Comfortable with minor physical work
• Willing to work a flexible schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays when required
• Clearly understand and embrace the mission of CTYP and demonstrate the values of the organization
Salary is commensurate with experience. Start date is anticipated to be mid-August 2013 but is negotiable for the right candidate. Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations by 4:30 pm July 31, 2013, to Aliyah Amarshi, General Manager, by email only at email@example.com. We thank all who apply; however, only those applicants that are short-listed for interviews will be contacted. For information on the scope of Carousel Theatre’s programming and a more detailed job description, please visit our website: www.carouseltheatre.ca.