About CTYP’s Drama School
Carousel Theatre for Young People offers drama classes for thespians as young as 3 years old. Our classes feature creative games, structured play, and group interaction as young people develop self-confidence, communication skills and vocal and physical techniques. CTYP’s drama faculty are professional actors who are also drama educators.
Classes are limited to a maximum of twelve students. Early registration is recommended as many of our drama classes fill up well in advance. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, Visa or Mastercard. For more information, please call 604-669-3410.
- filling out the online form here
- calling 604-669-3410
Click here for the Fall 2014 Drama School Brochure
Drama School Policies
PAYMENTS: Payment is due upon registration. Registration is not guaranteed until full payment has been received.
REFUNDS: Refunds will be made for withdrawal up to 24 hours before the 3rd class. A $25 administration fee is charged on all refunds, plus a percentage of each scheduled class before withdrawal.
BEFORE AND AFTER CLASS: Carousel Theatre for Young People and our instructors are not responsible for students before and after class time. A $10 fee is charged for all late pick-ups. Please note, early drop-offs are not permitted.
AGE: CTYP has developed very specific age groupings for our drama classes in order to provide young people with the best possible experience. Young people must be registered in the classes that correspond with their age. There are no exceptions.
ABSENTEEISM: Please call Carousel Theatre for Young People in advance if your child will be absent from a class. Absenteeism can be very disruptive, so we ask that you ensure your child does not miss more than 2 classes. If a child misses two or more classes, their role in the showcase may be limited. If a child misses 4 or more classes, Carousel Theatre for Young People reserves the right to cancel the registration.
LATENESS: Please ensure your child arrives on time for class. We respectfully request that you do not send your child to class if she or he will be more than 10 minutes late.
DRESS CODE: Please ensure your child is wearing comfortable clothing. If they are wearing a dress or skirt, ensure there are leggings underneath. If it is a rainy day, please ensure you bring inside shoes – for safety reasons, there are no bare or stocking/sock feet allowed.
GUESTS IN CLASS: For the comfort of our students and instructors, parents/guardians are not permitted to observe classes and are welcome to wait in our lobby. Or enjoy fabulous Granville Island!
BURSARIES: Bursaries are available for those in need. Most bursaries are for either 25% or 50% of the cost of the course, depending on financial need and availability. To apply for a bursary for your child, please click here.
BULLYING: Carousel Theatre School has ZERO tolerance for bullying of any kind. Such behavior can result in the automatic cancellation of a registration.
MINIMUM ENROLLMENT: Carousel Theatre reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment. In the event of a class cancellation, Carousel Theatre will provide a full refund.
SCHEDULE/INSTRUCTORS: Schedules and drama instructors are subject to change.
Reference Letter Requests
CTYP is pleased to provide letters of support for students upon request. To be eligible to receive a letter of support:
1. A child must complete one full semester (minimum 10 weeks) at Carousel Theatre School in order for Carousel Theatre School to provide a reference letter.
2. During the semester for which the reference letter is requested, the child cannot have missed more than 2 classes. If more than two classes have been missed, Carousel Theatre School is unable to provide a reference letter.
3. Carousel Theatre School requires six weeks notice in order to issue a reference letter.
4. Carousel Theatre School is unable to provide reference letters for children who have not taken classes at Carousel Theatre School within the last three months.
5. Any request for a reference letter must be made through the Education Manager. Please send your request to info[at]carouseltheatre.ca at least 6 weeks prior to the deadline.