Registration Info & Policies
Theatre School Registration Info & Policies
Classes are limited to a maximum of twelve students. Early registration is recommended. Payment can be made by cash, cheque, Visa or Mastercard. For more information or to register for Carousel Theatre courses please call 604-669-3410 or fax or mail the registration form from the brochure.
Registrations can be made by
- calling 604.669.3410
- faxing a registration form (from brochure) to 604.669.3817
- coming in person to the Carousel Theatre office (1411 Cartwright Street)
Please note that we are unable to accept registrations over email.
Current Schedules and Brochures
Theatre School Policies
PAYMENTS: Payment is due upon registration. A registration is not guaranteed until payment has been received.
REFUNDS: Refunds will be made for withdrawal up to the day before the 3rd class. A $25 administration fee is charged on all refunds plus a percentage for each class that has occurred.
BEFORE AND AFTER CLASS: Carousel Theatre and our instructors are not responsible for students before and after class time. A $10 fee is charged for all late pick-ups.
AGE: Students must be registered in the classes that correspond with their age. There are no exceptions.
ABSENTEEISM: Please call Carousel Theatre in advance if your child will be absent from a class. Absenteeism can be very disruptive, so please ensure your child does not miss more than 2 classes.
LATENESS: Please ensure your child arrives on time for class. We respectfully request that you do not send your child to class if he or she will be more than 10 minutes late.
GUESTS: Please note that for the comfort of our students and instructors, parents are requested to leave the classroom once their child is settled. Parents are welcome to wait in our lobby; there are also fabulous coffee shops on Granville Island for your enjoyment.
BURSARIES: Bursaries are available for those in need. Please inquire. Most bursaries are for either 25% or 50% of the cost of the course, depending on financial need. To apply for a bursary for your child, please click here .
BULLYING: Carousel Theatre School has ZERO tolerance for bullying of any kind. Such behavior can result in the automatic cancellation of a registration.
MINIMUM ENROLLMENT: Carousel Theatre reserves the right to cancel classes due to insufficient enrollment. In the event of a class cancellation, Carousel Theatre will provide a full refund.
SCHEDULE/INSTRUCTORS: Schedules and instructors are subject to change.
Reference Letter for Students
1. A child must complete one full semester (minimum 10 weeks) at Carousel Theatre School in order for Carousel Theatre School to provide a reference letter.
2. During the semester for which the reference letter is requested, the child cannot have missed more than 2 classes. If more than two classes have been missed, Carousel Theatre School is unable to provide a reference letter.
3. Carousel Theatre School requires six weeks notice in order to issue a reference letter.
4. Carousel Theatre School is unable to provide reference letters for children who have not taken classes at Carousel Theatre School within the last 8 weeks. (Ie. If a parent phones wanting a reference letter for a child who attended classes last fall, we are unable to assist).
5. Any request for a reference letter must be made through the Administrative Coordinator and not the instructor of the class. Please send your request to info[at]carouseltheatre.ca at least 6 weeks prior to the deadline.