Workshops with our Drama School Faculty
Carousel Theatre for Young People is delighted to offer workshops with its Drama School faculty of teaching artists. Custom build a program of drama activities for your group of up to 30 participants, at our Granville Island professional studios or your location.
Prior workshops have included:
- Introduction to building emotions, characters, and scenes for a school group, Grades 3-7 (5 hours)
- Ensemble building and improvisation for students in a circus arts program, ages 9-17 (4 hours)
- Drama games for Girl Guides group, ages 15-18 (1 hour)
- Fun with drama games for school field trip, Grades 5-6 (90 minutes)
- Introduction to performing Shakespeare for a school group, ages 11-13 (90 minutes)
- Exploring character in Shakespeare for a school group, Grade 6, plus a mainstage performance at the Waterfront Theatre (90 minutes)
- Storytelling and games for community centre group, ages 5-6 (60 minutes)
Carousel Theatre for Young People faculty are also available for teacher professional development workshops. Explore ways to bring drama into the classroom, from preschool through high school.
Our experienced faculty are not only incredibly talented instructors, but professional actors who work and play in theatre, film and television. Click here to meet our Faculty
We can accommodate groups of up to 30 participants. For the 2016/17 season:
First hour is $250 ($262.50 with GST)
Each subsequent half hour is $75 ($78.75 with GST)
An instructor travel fee will apply for off-site workshop locations over 20 km from Granville Island. Please inquire for a travel quote.