Opportunity: Audience Services & Marketing Assistant
Carousel Theatre for Young People (CTYP) is an award-winning Theatre for Young Audiences company in Vancouver, BC. Each season more than 40,000 young people and their families benefit from CTYP’s distinctive programming. CTYP produces a Mainstage Season of Literary Classics, runs a Teen Shakespeare Program, a year-round Drama School for Young People (ages 3 to 17 years) and a community facility rental program. CTYP plays a unique role in the theatre ecology of our community; it is the only theatre company in BC that produces a fully professional season of Mainstage programming especially for young people.
CTYP welcomes applications for the position of Audience Services & Marketing Assistant for the summer Teen Shakespeare Program and the BEE Stage. This is a Canada Summer Jobs funded position, is contingent upon receipt of funding, and the successful candidate must meet the criteria of the program as listed below.
Reporting to the Marketing & Operations Manager, the Audience Services & Marketing Assistant is responsible for supporting a marketing and sponsorship plan for the Teen Shakespeare Program, and supporting the BEE Stage. The position is full-time (35 hours/week) from May 16, 2016 – August 26, 2016. Evenings and weekends will be required.
- Support the marketing strategy for engaging new audiences with the Teen Shakespeare Program (TSP) incorporating a variety of media including, but not limited to, social media and print
- Plan and execute an interactive component for audience members on-site during the run of TSP and BEE Stage
- Research sponsorship opportunities
- Distribute print collateral
- Recruit volunteers and assist with supervision
- Assist with Front of House and audiences services duties for TSP and the BEE Stage
- Compile marketing statistics, create archives, update tracking spreadsheets and prepare a final report
- Other duties as required
- Experience in marketing, communications/publicity, theatre or related field
- Excellent communication skills, strong writing skills
- Proficiency in various social media platforms including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, and Photoshop are an asset
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to take initiative, thrive in a busy team environment and work flexible hours
- Display professionalism and maturity
- Interest in working in the arts sector. Knowledge of the non-profit sector an asset
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program which requires candidates to:
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada
- Be between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment
- Be a full-time student who is returning to full-time studies in the fall
- Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
- Not have another full-time job
- Not be attending full-time classes while carrying out this job
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by April 29, 2016 at 5:00pm.