JOB POSTING: ASSOCIATE STAGE MANAGER – TEEN SHAKESPEARE PROGRAM 2017
Carousel Theatre for Young People (CTYP) provides playful, exceptional and accessible theatrical experiences that inspire, involve and educate. Each season approximately 40 000 young people and their families benefit from CTYP’s diverse programming and activities, which include a professional Mainstage season of Literary Classics, The BEE Stage, the Teen Shakespeare Program, and a robust year-round Drama School for young people.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Associate Stage Manager assists in the coordination of the Teen Shakespeare Program. The ASM is responsible for creating and distributing schedules with the Program Manager, liaising between program departments including set, costume, sound, lighting, program management, and program instructors, distributing information to other departments, props procurement, creation and maintenance, and running the backstage area during performances. This is a full time position (40 hours per week) for 7 weeks. Contract dates are anticipated to be: June 26 – August 13, 2017.
Evenings and weekends are required. This position is funded by Canada Summer Jobs and the successful candidate must meet the criteria listed below.
- Create and distribute schedules, running lists and other paperwork
- Track props and costume changes
- Attend production meetings
- Liaise between program departments including set, costumes, sound, lighting, stage management and program instructors
- Properties procurement and making of properties as required, as well as properties maintenance
- Maintain good working knowledge of all relevant health and safety legislation and good working practice
- Run the backstage area during performances, supervising and executing scene changes and quick changes
- Other duties as required
- Previous experience in stage management and running crews
- Previous experience making properties
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to take initiative, thrive in a busy team environment and work full-time hours
- Occupational First aid level one is an asset
- Driver’s license is an asset
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program which requires candidates to:
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada
- Be between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment
- Be a full-time student who is returning to full-time studies in the fall
- Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
- Not have another full-time job
- Be able to work a minimum of 35 hours per week
- Not be attending full-time classes while carrying out this job
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5, 2017 at 5:00pm.
Remuneration: $12.50 per hour