JOB POSTING: BOX OFFICE ATTENDANT
Carousel Theatre for Young People (CTYP) provides playful, exceptional and accessible theatrical experiences that inspire, involve and educate. Each season approximately 40,000 young people and their families benefit from CTYP’s diverse programming and activities, which include a Mainstage season of Literary Classics, The BEE Stage, the Teen Shakespeare Program (TSP), and a robust year-round Drama School for young people aged 3 to 17 years.
CTYP welcomes applications for the position of a part-time, seasonal Box Office Attendant.
Job Description: Reporting to the Audience Services Manager, the Box Office Attendant is responsible for selling tickets, handling will call, supervising volunteer ushers, and cash reconciliation. This is a part-time, seasonal (December-April) position that requires evenings and weekends. Hours will fluctuate with our Mainstage season, approximately 10 hours per week.
- Selling tickets, processing donations, and enrolling participants in our Drama School classes in person at the box office, by email and over the phone through our ticket sales software, Theatre Manager,
- Answering patron inquiries at the box office, by email, and over the phone.
- Checking and responding to all voicemails left on the Box Office line,
- Preparing will-call for the upcoming performance(s),
- Handing out will-call, selling tickets, and answering patron inquiries at the theatre,
- Supervising volunteer ushers,
- Handling cash and reconciling cash sales at the end of shifts,
- Preparing Box Office Reports for the Audience Services Manager, and
- Other duties as required.
- 2+ years of box office experience or equivalent customer service experience,
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, problem solving ability, and detail oriented,
- Ability to take initiative and remain calm in a busy atmosphere,
- Occupational First aid level one is an asset,
- Experience in Theatre Manager is an asset.
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2017 at 5:00pm.
Remuneration: $13-$14/hour based on experience and qualifications.