JOB POSTING: EDUCATION MANAGER
Carousel Theatre for Young People (CTYP) provides playful, exceptional and accessible theatrical experiences that inspire, involve and educate. Each season approximately 40,000 young people and their families benefit from CTYP’s diverse programming and activities, which include a professional Mainstage season of Literary Classics, The Bee Stage for very young audiences, the Teen Shakespeare Program, and a robust year-round Drama School and Drama Camps for young people.
CTYP welcomes applications for the position of a full-time Education Manager. This is a full-time, salaried position. Some evening and weekend work will be required during drama school showcases and open-houses, special events and openings.
The Education Manager (EM) leads CTYP’s School Matinee Program, Drama School for Young People and outreach programs. Reporting to the Managing Director, the EM is responsible for the administration of these programs, building and strengthening associated relationships. The EM collaborates with the Artistic Director to develop long-term curriculum goals. The EM plays a pivotal role in expanding the scope, quality, and impact of CTYP’s educational programming and providing an exceptional patron and student experience.
School Matinee Program
- Research and develop curriculum tie-ins for mainstage programming
- Develop resource guides for educators for each production
- Act as Primary Patron Contact for School Matinee portfolio
- Meet sales goals by initiating and executing marketing plan, regular communication strategies, and building relationships
- Prepare booking contracts and invoices and track payments
- Act as CTYP Representative at the theatre during school matinee performances
Drama School & Outreach
- Facilitate and process drama school registrations
- Meet sales goals of the portfolio and execute marketing plans
- Build and foster new relationships with parents and young people
- Organize and execute end-of-semester showcases
- Liaise between faculty and parents
- Contract and oversee drama school faculty
- Develop and implement program curriculum
- Develop, coordinate and expand professional outreach workshops for educators and/or young people
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in administration, education, the arts, or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving ability, and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to build and maintain long-term relationships
- Works effectively in teams, and motivated to work independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Asset: Experience working with Theatre Manager software.
$37,000-40,000 plus extended health benefits.
July 15th, 2017 or as negotiated
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to: Jessica Mann Gutteridge, Managing Director, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on May 26, 2017. We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.