JOB POSTING: MARKETING MANAGER
Carousel Theatre for Young People (CTYP) provides playful, exceptional and accessible theatrical experiences that inspire, involve and educate. Each season approximately 40,000 young people and their families benefit from CTYP’s diverse programming and activities, which include a professional Mainstage season of Literary Classics, The Bee Stage for very young audiences, the Teen Shakespeare Program, and a robust year-round Drama School and Drama Camps for young people.
CTYP welcomes applications for the position of a full-time, salaried Marketing Manager. Some evening and weekend work will be required in connection with special events and openings.
The Marketing Manager is integral to CTYP’s success, by developing and executing an agile, data-driven marketing strategy for CTYP’s full season of programming, including graphic design, online digital and print marketing, and social media marketing.
- Create and execute an agile, data-driven marketing plan for CTYP’s programming, including theatre productions for public audiences and school groups, a year-round drama school, and fundraising and development campaigns
- Leverage digital and print channels to reach new and existing audiences in the Greater Metro Vancouver region
- Manage branded social media channels continuously improving reach and engagement
- Produce monthly e-newsletter and targeted e-mail marketing as required by internal portfolios
- Create and execute PPC digital marketing campaigns on Google Adwords, Google Display Network and Facebook
- Measure, optimize and report on the performance of digital and print campaigns
- Design print collateral and take supplemental marketing photos
- Oversee timely distribution of print materials
- Assist production publicist as needed with interview scheduling
- Respond to patron inquiries about CTYP’s programming, facilitate box office sales, rehearsal hall rentals, and drama school registrations
- Duties related to openings and special events are required
- Other duties as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving ability, and excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of digital marketing and online advertising practices, including Google Adwords and Display Network, Facebook advertising, and social media channels such as Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
- Strong computer skills with understanding of Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Theatre Manager an asset
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and an eye for design
- Experience in marketing for theatre, arts or non-profit organization considered an asset
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in administration, marketing, the arts, or equivalent
- Works effectively in teams, and motivated to work independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Able to manage multiple deadlines at a time and can reset priorities quickly as needed
$37,000-42,000 plus extended health benefits.
August 28th, 2017 or as negotiated
How To Apply
Submit cover letter and resume to: Jessica Mann Gutteridge, Managing Director, via email at email@example.com by 5:00 pm on August 4, 2017. We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.