JOB POSTING: SUMMER PATRON SERVICES AND MARKETING COORDINATOR
Carousel Theatre for Young People (CTYP) provides playful, exceptional and accessible theatrical experiences that inspire, involve and educate. Each season approximately 40,000 young people and their families benefit from CTYP’s diverse programming and activities, which include a professional Mainstage season of Literary Classics, The BEE Stage, the Teen Shakespeare Program (TSP), and a robust year-round Drama School for young people.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Patron Services & Marketing Coordinator is responsible for supporting marketing and audience services for two productions: Good Day and Good Night on the BEE Stage and the Teen Shakespeare Program’s presentation of Romeo and Juliet. You will play a key role in creating memorable theatre experiences for children and families by acting as audience services lead, designing onsite audience activities, and discovering new media and marketing outlets. You will acquire practical box office, event management, marketing and administrative experience in this role and engage directly with our audiences.
The position is full-time (40 hours per week) and is expected to be for 11 weeks from June 5 – August 18, 2017 (exact dates to be confirmed). Evening and weekend work will be required. This is a Canada Summer Jobs funded position. The successful candidate must meet the criteria of the program as listed below.
- Box Office, Front of House and audiences services duties for TSP and the BEE Stage
- Create audience engagement activities designed to enhance the patron experience
- Support the marketing strategy for engaging new audiences with TSP incorporating a variety of media including, but not limited to, social media, e-mail marketing and print
- Distribute print collateral
- Recruit volunteers and assist with scheduling and supervision
- Compile marketing statistics, create archives, update tracking spreadsheets and prepare a final report
- Other duties as required
- Experience in marketing, communications/publicity, theatre, event management or related field
- Excellent communication skills, strong writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, and Photoshop are an asset
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and multi-tasking abilities
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to take initiative, thrive in a busy team environment and to work weekends and evenings
- Interest in working in the arts sector. Knowledge of the non-profit sector an asset
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program which requires candidates to:
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status in Canada
- Be between 15-30 years of age at the start of employment
- Be a full-time student who is returning to full-time studies in the fall
- Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment
- Not have another full-time job
- Not be attending full-time classes while carrying out this job
$12.50 per hour/40 hours per week
How to apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5, 2017 at 5:00pm.