Wow! We are exactly halfway into the Make Your Mark campaign and thanks to the incredible generosity of the Carousel Theatre Society Board of Directors, CTYP patrons, theatre school parents and friends we have reached 50% of our fundraising goal. $5 000 has been raised to date. Thank you so much to our wonderful donors for making what was once just a dream come true.
It is so exciting to see our CTYP home in its final stages of renovations and we can hardly wait to share our new, improved facility with you and your family.
So far, the MYM campaign has meant we have been able to purchase:
- A second washer/dryer for the new Costume Shop. This might not sound super glamorous, but this was a much-needed addition and stage managers will thank you for many years to come!
- A new sewing machine and serger – these machines will soon be busy putting together all the fantastic insect costumes for James and the Giant Peach
- Fun, creative costumes for our new classroom- including a Cookie Monster Costume made from scratch from Stephanie Kong, CTYP’s artist in residence
- Colourful furniture for the parent/student waiting lounge- no more hard benches!
- Additions to our theatre school script library
There are 50 days left in our campaign, and $5 000 left to raise. We would be so honoured if 50 more people would join the Make Your Mark Family and help us reach our goal of $10 000. All donations of $25 or more are tax-deductible. Donors who give $100 or more get to decorate a tile in our lobby.
Happy Long Weekend and Thank You!