July 10, 2021
Announcement: Online Community Sessions
Carousel Theatre for Young People would like to thank everyone who participated in the survey last month to provide feedback to help CTYP move forward in its strategic vision.
There were approximately 73 responses received with informative and valuable feedback for consideration. Out of the responses received, four key themes emerged which will provide the foundation for four upcoming conversations with stakeholders. These include:
- Innovative Productions – Many innovative opportunities to enhance the artistic direction of productions were identified including who should be reflected in these productions. As such, the first community conversation would focus on validating what we have heard from stakeholders on productions and discussing if there are opportunities for CTYP.
- Innovative Programming – There was significant feedback in the survey on the desire to have different levels of performing arts programs for children and teens, as well as mentorship opportunities for emerging artists. As such, the second community conversation would focus on validating the types of programs to offer and potential segments of participants.
- Engaging Post-Pandemic Priorities – Many patrons and participants missed the deeper connection to CTYP’s programming during the pandemic. The third community conversation will focus on opportunities of priorities to increase active participation in theatre arts and create excitement for theatre back in our youth.
- Building Bridges in Accountability – It was clear that there is an opportunity to build policies and processes that focus on performance management, safe disclosure, and board and leadership accountabilities. The fourth community conversation will focus on understanding what policies and processes can be implemented going forward to support the perspectives of both the employees and leadership. In addition, discussions will include how CTYP can create safety for existing and future employees.
In order to create opportunities for equitable discussion, each session will be limited to 25 people per conversation. You can register for a session that you feel is most important to you to participate in at the zoom registration links below. In order to enable greater participation, we humbly request that you please limit your participation to one session. Once you register, you will receive the zoom link for the meeting invite.
Shafana Mitha, Principal of aKollage Consulting Inc., will moderate each of the four sessions with a supportting moderator monitoring the discussions and hands raised.
|1. Innovative Productions||Saturday, July 24, 2021||12:00pm to 1:00pm PDT||Register here|
|2. Innovative Programming &
3. Engaging Post-Pandemic Priorities*
|Saturday, July 24, 2021||2:00pm to 3:00pm PDT||Register here|
|4. Building Bridges in Accountability||Monday, July 26, 2021||7:00pm to 8:00pm PDT||Register here|
Update #1: Due to low registration, Session #3’s timeslot has been cancelled and combined/moved to the same day and time as Session #2.
Update #2: Please read the findings and conversations from the three Online Community Sessions held HERE.
Your continued feedback and engagement are critical for the success of CTYP. We appreciate your continued support, perspectives, and look forward to engaging in these conversations with you.