May 10, 2022
2022 General Auditions
‘Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls’ (2022), Photo credit: Sarah Race, Set design: Shizuka Kai.
Auditions in Victoria: May 20, 2022
Auditions in Vancouver: May 25, 2022
Download a PDF copy of this audition notice here.
Submission deadline: May 18, 2022
Agreement: Canadian Theatre Agreement (CTA)
Kaleidoscope Theatre for Young People (Victoria) and Carousel Theatre for Young People (Vancouver) are holding joint General Auditions in both Victoria and Vancouver for their 2022 seasons. Professional actors who are interested in working in Victoria and/or Vancouver are invited to submit.
- Auditions will be held in Victoria at the Kaleidoscope Arts Centre on Friday, May 20 from 10am to 4pm.
- Auditions will be held in Vancouver at Carousel Theatre for Young People on Granville Island on May 25 from 10am to 5pm.
Candidates are asked to prepare:
- One 2-minute monologue, preferably from a contemporary piece for young audiences.
- Optional: an acapella song, no longer than 30 seconds.
How to submit
- Please state your desired audition location (Victoria or Vancouver).
- Please title your documents using your first initial and last name, following this example: “J. Doe – General Audition.pdf”.
- CAEA members, please indicate your Equity status at the time of submission. Equity members will
be seen first at all open audition calls. Please bring your membership number to the audition.
- Agents, please do not send bulk submissions. If submitting for your clients, please submit them
individually, following the format above.
- Questions? Please email Kaleidoscope Executive and Artistic Director Pat Rundell at email@example.com and/or Carousel Theatre for Young People Co-Artistic & Managing Director Jennica Grienke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only those selected for an audition will be contacted.
Carousel Theatre for Young People is committed to being a safe and inclusive space and is continually dedicated to creating theatre in the spirit of equity and inclusion. Carousel Theatre encourages submissions from diverse adult artists of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Carousel Theatre for Young People acknowledges that we create and perform on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the xwməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) & sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Kaleidoscope Theatre for Young People is an equal opportunity company. Decisions by Kaleidoscope concerning casting, employment, and every aspect of the individual’s relationship and participation with Kaleidoscope are based on talent and qualifications without regard to race, colour, sexual orientation, religion, sex, age, nationality or ethnic origin, disability, and/or other categories protected by law. Kaleidoscope is dedicated to reflecting Canada’s rich mosaic of cultural diversity and encourages submissions from artists of all ethnocultural backgrounds.
Kaleidoscope Theatre for Young People acknowledges with respect the lək̓wəŋən peoples on whose traditional territory Kaleidoscope works and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day.