November 27, 2020
It has been a year like no other for CTYP. With the cancellation of our spring programming, a rapid shift online, and the launch of our AudioPLAY season, the pandemic has dramatically impacted our work. With the inability to present programming in our venues for the foreseeable future, CTYP is facing a challenging road to recovery. But as we look ahead to 2021, we have high hopes that we will soon return to the exciting in-person events that you know and love.
We invite you to help us get there by donating to our annual Give the Gift of Theatre campaign. Inspired by our all-audio season, this year’s theme is Amplify CTYP. Your contribution will help us support and share the work of incredible local artists – made specifically for you and your family. With your help we can:
Amplify Accessibility by supporting ASL versions of our AudioPLAYs
Amplify Creativity by supporting the commission of three new Canadian audio plays
Amplify the Signal by supporting recording sessions for each of our AudioPLAYs
Amplify the Arts by supporting artist fees for the next two plays in our season.
Our total holiday fundraising goal is $8,000 – any amount makes a difference:
- $25 gives a parent and child a chance to listen to an audio play at home
- $50 professionally sanitizes our studio to keep our drama school students safe
- $100 subsidizes the cost of an audio play for 2 local classrooms
- $250 covers artist honorariums for our special livestream performances
- $500 supports a ½ day workshop of a new Canadian play
- $1,000 provides ASL translation for one audio play
For the past 44 years CTYP has been empowering young people through the magic of theatre and creating memories that last a lifetime. Your generosity goes a very long way in helping us do this. You can donate here or give us a call at (604) 669-3410.
Randi Edmundson & Shizuka Kai,
Co-Artistic and Managing Directos