October 16, 2022
WE’RE HIRING AT CTYP
GUEST SERVICES COORDINATOR
Carousel Theatre for Young People (CTYP) empowers young people and families through meaningful, imaginative, and accessible theatrical experiences. The productions we create and present engage youth, families, and educators in live theatre, and platform stories for and about communities that are underrepresented on stages in Canada, particularly stages that are meant to serve youth. Our productions develop emotional literacy, stimulate community, encourage growth, and inspire minds in a unifying experience – they provide unique opportunities for thought, discussion, and joy. From work prioritizing 2SLGBTQI+ voices, to investing in Indigenous work for young people, CTYP focuses on introducing young minds to new ideas and enabling them to talk about them.
At CTYP young people are not simply audience members; they are active participants at the very centre of all that we do – their needs are the impetus for every artistic and organizational choice that we make. The vibrant stories we stage engage young people from the beginning of their development, challenge them through their formative years, and empower them to become both agents of positive change, and arts patrons/professionals of the future
This is a part-time position. Some evening and weekend work will be required for special events and openings. Regular office hours are Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
CTYP welcomes applications for a part-time Guest Services Coordinator (GSC). Some evening and weekend work will be required for special events and openings, other hours will fall between regular office hours, Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm.
Reporting to the Artistic and Managing Director, the Guest Services Coordinator leads, manages and executes all audience services for CTYP events, including managing and scheduling box office personnel, volunteer ushers, and concession workers, The GSC is responsible for leading and ensuring a high standard of patron services that aligns with organizational values.
The GSC oversees all ticketing elements, including ensuring timely ticket mailings and e-mailings, pre-performance email reminders, post-performance follow-ups, facilitating gift certificates, and managing ticket donation requests. The GSC provides hands-on front of house services and/or box office for weekday matinees primarily at the Waterfront Theatre and special events as needed and schedules volunteer ushers during CTYP productions and presentations.
In addition, the GSC is at the helm of coordinating rentals of CTYP’s three studio spaces/rehearsal halls.
- Coordinating, supervising, and scheduling all box office staff for CTYP programming;
- Serving as primary ticketing agent for in-person and phone sales as needed
- Processing box office ticket sales, refunds, and other related patron needs including ticket follow up and e-mailing of tickets;
- Tracking and issuing ticket donations and internal ticket vouchers;
- Cultivating, scheduling and managing volunteer ushers for CTYP productions/presentations;
- Printing and mailing donation receipts as requested;
- Pre and post-performance e-communications to patrons;
- Responding to patron inquiries including via phone and email.
- Frontline box office work during the run of CTYP programming.
- Rental bookings, invoicing and coordinating use of the CTYP studio spaces.
- Communicating with renters and potential renters on all aspects of their rental.
- Coordinating Concession during the run of CTYP productions.
- In partnership with Outreach COordinator, recruiting and scheduling volunteer ushers.
- Proficiency with Theatre Manager software.
- Experience in box office and patron services.
- Outstanding customer service skills with a high level of empathy and patience, especially with children and families.
- Ability to remain calm in challenging circumstances.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving ability, and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain long-term relationships with patrons and volunteers
- Works effectively in teams, and motivated to work independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Assisting with coordination of special events.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 is an asset.
- The Guest Services Coordinator must Consent to a Criminal Record Check due to the nature of Carousel Theatre’s work with young people.
November 15, 2022
$20-$23/hour dependant on experience, permanent part-time – 24 hours/week
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a CV and letter of interest to Co-Artistic & Managing Director Dave Deveau at email@example.com by November 1, 2022 at 5 pm.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Carousel Theatre for Young People is committed to accessibility and inclusivity and welcomes submissions from individuals of diverse ages, abilities and communities. Our offices are located on the second floor of the CTYP Arts Complex, accessed by stairs only at this time.