July 11, 2019
We’re hiring – Communications Manager
Jul. 17, 2019
Carousel Theatre for Young People empowers young people and families through playful, imaginative and accessible theatre experiences that develop emotional literacy. Located on Granville Island in the heart of Vancouver, We are a gathering place for artists, young people and families to embark on a journey where imagination, a dash of magic, and an abundance of play are the recipe for a theatrical adventure that has lasting impact. Under the vision of Artistic Director Carole Higgins, CTYP stages vibrant stories that engage young people from the beginning of their development and continues to share stories that challenge young people through their formative years, empowering young people to become agents of positive change.
Young People are not simply audience members at CTYP; they are active participants that are at the very centre of all that we do.
CTYP welcomes applications for the position of a full-time, salaried Communications Manager.
The Communications Manager is integral to CTYP’s success, by developing, managing and executing an agile, data-driven communications strategy for CTYP, its artistic programming and its outreach initiatives. Some evening and weekend work is required for special events and openings throughout the season.
• Create, manage and execute an agile, data-driven communications and marketing plan for CTYP’s robust artist programming, which includes theatre productions for public audiences and school groups, a year-round drama school, special events and fundraising campaigns
• Leverage digital and print channels to reach new and existing audiences in the Greater Metro Vancouver region
• Manage, oversee, execute and provide content, images and stories for an engaging social media plan for organization’s branded social media channels, continuously improving reach and engagement through robust and responsive engagement strategies
• Create engaging e-newsletters throughout the season, as well as targeted e-mail communications focused on increasing sales for performances, special events, and drama school activities
• Manage CTYP’s website and content, keeping site up to date and responsive
• Create and execute PPC digital marketing campaigns
• Measure and optimize the performance of digital and print campaigns
• Provide timely communications reports for each artistic project and special event
• Take supplemental marketing photos for smaller events and projects
• Oversee timely distribution of print collateral
• Coordinate and liaise with CTYP’s season photographer, videographer and illustrator
• In-house Graphic design work , working with Adobe Create Suite
• Liaise with CTYP artists, collecting biographies, headshots and additional information as needed
• Liaise with CTYP stage managers to schedule artist interviews that align with the parameters of the Canadian Theatre Agreement
• Liaise with CTYP’s publicist to provide photos, media releases, artist information, coordinate media interview requests
• Duties related to openings and special events as required
• Other duties as required, including answering phone lines and processing ticket sales and/or drama school registrations when requested
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving ability, and excellent organizational skills
• Knowledge of digital marketing and online advertising practices, including Google Adwords and Display Network, Facebook advertising, and social media channels such as Instagram, Twitter and YouTube
• Strong computer skills with understanding of Microsoft Office
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and a keen eye
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in administration, marketing, the arts, or equivalent
• Motivated to work independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• Able to manage multiple deadlines at a time and can reset priorities quickly as needed
• Able to work enthusiastically and supportively within a collaborative office environment
• Successful candidate contingent upon a criminal record check for clearance for working with youth
• Knowledge of Theatre Manager an asset
• OFA Level 1 is an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit cover letter and resume to: Carole Higgins, Artistic & Managing Director, via email at email@example.com by 5:00 pm on July 17, 2019.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Carousel Theatre for Young People is committed to accessibility and inclusivity and welcomes submissions from adult performers of diverse ages, abilities and communities. Our offices are located on the second floor of the CTYP Arts Complex, accessed by stairs only at this time.
$40,600-45,000 per annum depending upon experience, FTE Note: CTYP will consider alternate proposals for this position, including a prorated 0.75 FTE proposal with modified responsibilities and/or an outsourcing arrangement Extended Health Benefits available for FTE after 3 months of successful employment, dependent upon meeting CTYP’s healthcare plan requirements . CTYP provides two weeks of paid vacation and an additional paid week during the winter holiday season.
Contact Name: Carole Higgins
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Phone: (604) 669-3410