December 8, 2020
We’re hiring – Marketing & Communications Manager
December 17th, 2020
CTYP is Vancouver’s only mainstage theatre company for young audiences. Our mission is to provide theatrical experiences with lasting impact for young people, families, and artists. Each year 40,000 young people and families benefit from CTYP’s programming, which includes a season of mainstage programming for young audiences, the BEE Stage for infants, a year-round drama school for young people ages 3-17, and the Teen Shakespeare Program.
The Marketing & Communications Manager works to develop, manage and deliver a varied communications strategy for CTYP’s many strands of programming. While the role requires the ability to work independently, the Marketing & Communications Manager will work closely with the Co-Artistic & Managing Directors as well as the wider team.
- Create, manage and deliver a communications and marketing plan for CTYP’s artistic program, which includes theatre productions for public audiences and school groups, a year-round drama school, special events and fundraising campaigns
- Create content for and manage CTYP’s social media channels
- Create e-newsletters using Constant Contact and Theatre Manager
- Manage CTYP’s website, keeping content up to date
- Create and execute PPC digital marketing campaigns
- Design day-to-day digital graphics for social media, and the website
- Provide timely communications reports for each artistic project and special event
- Work with graphic designer to create season brand identity and collateral
- Coordinate and liaise with CTYP’s season photographer, videographer and illustrator
- Liaise with CTYP artists, collecting biographies, headshots and additional information as needed
- Liaise with CTYP stage managers to schedule artist interviews that align with the parameters of the Canadian Theatre Agreement
- Write media releases and liaise with local media to place reviews and feature stories.
- Duties related to openings and special events as required
- Other duties as required, including answering phone lines and processing ticket sales and/or drama school registrations when requested
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite or Canva and WordPress
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a marketing and communications role, ideally within the arts sector is an asset
- Highly proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work within a collaborative office environment
- Successful candidate contingent upon a criminal record check for clearance for working with youth
- Knowledge of Theatre Manager an asset
While the Marketing & Communications Manager will occasionally need to work on site at the Carousel offices, much of the work can be done remotely.
Remuneration: $23/hr plus 4% vacation pay, 32 hours a week
Please note that this role has scope to grow into a full time, salaried position once theatres in Vancouver open up again.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume to: Danielle Florence, Marketing & Communications Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on December 17th, 2020.
Interviews will take place during the week commencing December 21st and the role will start on January 4th, 2021.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.