August 2-5 (ages 7-12 & 13-17)
Do you enjoy expressing yourself through clothing, makeup and performance? Do you have an alter ego that is just waiting to hit the stage? Our new Drag Camp might be just your cup of tea, honey! Led by some of Vancouver’s established and emerging drag artists, you’ll learn how to access your inner confidence, show your true colours, and maybe even let out that inner diva! Join Vancouver’s own Rose Butch, Deedee LaCraze, Karmella Barr, and Toddy and learn how drag can brighten up your life!
You might be wondering, is drag for kids? Drag is for everyone! Parents, ask yourself, what’s the difference between what you wear at home versus what you wear at work? You’re doing drag honey, you just don’t know it!
The campiest camp of all is available to all young people in two age groups of 7-12 and 13-17.
All students will be provided with a Drag Makeup Starter Kit! More details about this will be provided closer to the date of the camp.
If you have any questions about the Drag Camp or any of our other Summer Camp weeks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Safety Reminders
- Participants who feel unwell and who have any symptoms of a cold (cough, sniffles, etc) are asked to stay home.
- Children will be asked if they feel well upon arrival, and for any child who does not feel well, the parent/guardian will be asked to take the participant home.
- CTYP faculty/staff who feel unwell will be asked to stay home, at which time a CTYP substitute staff member will step in and will teach.
- CTYP studios will be cleaned and sanitized daily, and high-touch areas (door handles, flat surfaces) will be frequently sanitized throughout the day. Participants, faculty, and staff will be asked to wash their hands frequently throughout each day.
- Class size has been reduced and spots are limited.
- Students should bring a water bottle, healthy snacks, and a packed lunch for their supervised lunch break. (Please note CTYP is unable to provide cups or cutlery)
- Sharing of water bottles, snacks and lunches is not permitted due to health concerns. If a child has forgotten a lunch, CTYP will call the parent to make arrangements.
- Weather permitting, classes may do some class activities outside so bring hats and sunscreen!
- Students will not be permitted to leave the building unaccompanied to purchase lunch, so please do not send students with cash.
- CTYP drama studios is a nut-free facility and so we ask that all snacks brought to class are nut-free.