Carousel Theatre for Young People offers workshops with its Drama School faculty of teaching artists. Custom build a program of drama activities for your group of up to 30 participants, at our Granville Island professional studios or your location. We run sessions for all school grades, community groups, and private events. For school groups coming to see a School Matinee performance, pairing your visit with a workshop for your class is a great way to help students get the most from their theatre experience.
Fill out our Drama Workshop Form below to make a request, or call our Education Manager, Jenny Rush-Cooper on 604 669 3410 ext. 904 to inquire.
Prior workshops have included:
- Building emotions and characters with teenage drama students (5 hours)
- Workshop on the themes and movement style of a mainstage CTYP show after seeing the performance (1 hour)
- Ensemble building and improvisation for community arts program (4 hours)
- Drama games for Girl Guides group (1 hour)
- Introduction to drama games and improvisation (90 minutes)
- Introduction to performing Shakespeare for a school group (90 minutes)
- Storytelling and games for community centre group (60 minutes)
Carousel Theatre for Young People faculty are also available for teacher professional development workshops. Explore ways to bring drama into the classroom, from preschool through high school.
We can accommodate groups of up to 24 participants. For the 2019/2020 season:
First hour is $250
Each subsequent half hour is $75
An instructor travel fee will apply for off-site workshop locations over 20 km from Granville Island. Please inquire for a travel quote.
Request a Drama Workshop