December 22, 2021
A Holly Jolly Carousel
Have A Holly Jolly Carousel with CTYP as we celebrate the holiday season all December long!
On Day 8, join our Education Manager Angie Descalzi, as she teaches you how to make a snow globe.
For this activity you will need:
- A grownup to help you in each step
- A snowglobe (I bought it at a dollar store but a mason jar works just as great)
- A little figurine like a lego person or a small toy.
- A hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Cold water
Follow these step by step instructions to make your own snow globe. Let’s begin!
Always make sure there is a grownup present when using scissors, hot glue, and/or or small objects.
- Ask your grownup to help you find the perfect plastic figurine or Lego piece to use in your snow globe. No sense in buying a new one, if there’s already something at home!
- Very carefully, put glue on the inside of the jar’s lid. Place and stick your plastic figurine on it. You can have more than one and create an entire snowglobe wonderland.
- Leave the jar to the side to dry. Remember to never touch the hot glue!
- Fill the jar with cold water.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of your favourite glitter and sequin and stir.
- Add a few drops of glycerin. This is something your grownup can do.
- Screw the lid on the jar. It’s best to ask your grown up to glue the lid so that it doesn’t open by accident..
- That’s it! Now shake the jar or tip it upside down to make it “snow.”
Please consider supporting our work at Carousel Theatre for Young People this season by purchasing a gift certificate for a loved one or by donating to our Give the Gift of Theatre holiday campaign. Thank you to our sponsors: TC Cluckers and NewWestCondo.com / Team Cindy Gering.