CTYP IS CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR USHERS FOR OUR 2022/2023 SEASON – WHICH BEGINS SEPTEMBER 2022!
Are you a performing arts enthusiast? Looking to support your local arts and culture community? Do you need volunteer hours for school? Or, maybe you are looking for a fun activity where you can make friends and connections?
VOLUNTEER WITH US
Volunteering with CTYP gives you the opportunity to enrich and be enriched by Vancouver’s leading theatre for young audiences, creating a great experience for hundreds of diverse patrons from all walks of life.
In return, you get to watch our shows for free and, depending on your volunteer hours, you will receive even more fabulous perks!
WHAT WE NEED
Folks who can help our Front of House Managers and ticket sellers with FOH, safety, ushering, and accessibility duties.
Please read the qualifications and responsibilities below before registering to make sure you meet all the requirements.
HOW TO REGISTER
Please click here to fill out your volunteer intake form.
Your application will be processed in the order it was received, and we will schedule folks on a first come first serve basis, taking into account their previous volunteer experience.
Please Note: Our volunteer shifts are limited and we may not be able to schedule everyone. However, we will keep you on our volunteer roster and will consider you for future productions!
If you have questions before registering to volunteer at CTYP or need to submit your application in a different manner for accessibility reasons, please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you so much for wanting to volunteer with us. We can’t wait to meet you and together create some theatre magic!
BECOMING A CTYP VOLUNTEER
- Must be 15 years of age and above
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Capable of handling and managing crowds and lineups
- Reliable and Dependable
- Comfortable dealing with emergency situations such as medical emergencies or evacuations (training provided)
- An up-to-date Criminal Record check (an asset)
- Maintain the line-ups prior to and during loading the venue
- Ensure that patrons get in and out of the venue safely
- Assist individuals to and from their seats
- Answer questions and provide friendly customer service to patrons.
- Take tickets at the door
- Some light lifting may be required (tables and chairs)
- Other duties as needed
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Familiarity with venue rules and safety procedures (training provided)
THINGS TO NOTE:
- Parking is FREE on Granville Island after 6pm
- Please arrive five minutes early to be ready to start promptly
- Volunteers see that evening’s show for free
- A volunteer confirmation letter upon request
- An invitation to Volunteer Appreciation events
WHAT TO WEAR/BRING:
- Black or dark pants and shirt
- Please wear layers and dress for the weather
- Dark closed-toed shoes
- Water bottle
- Face masks